It is handwoven of rough Carpathian sheep wool yarn hand-dyed with plants: red onion peel, golden rod, broad-leaved dock, red beets, and even a tiny bit of henna, which I still had from a gift. It can be worn with or without a belt. It is a lightweight and warm tunic, sustainable, elegant, and unique.
Suitable for sizes: S/M.
This price includes the following work process of creating the garment:
– collecting dye plants form the richly biodiverse Transylvanian pastures
– treating the yarn in a natural mordant which makes it colourfast
– dyeing the yarn with the plant dye
– washing all plant and dye residues out of the coloured yarn
– drying the coloured yarn
– designing the fabric
– weaving the fabric
– sewing the garment
– washing and finalising the garment
Please note: the leather belt on the picture is not for sale – it is only illustration.
Handmade by Orsolya